ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT CLEAN ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY?
This may be the opportunity for you! At HES Solar, our mission is to partner with our customers to fundamentally improve the way the world is powered.
JOIN A TEAM THAT IS REVOLUTIONIZING THE WAY THE WORLD IS POWERED.
HES Solar is a full-service solar and energy storage company based in San Diego. We are a top tier, trusted solar and energy storage provider serving Southern California since 2001. We capitalize on naturally available solar energy through the installation of self-sufficient renewable power sources. This not only saves our customers money, but it protects the planet and our quality of life.
BE PART OF A FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDGEABLE TEAM WITH LEADERSHIP YOU CAN BELIEVE IN.
HES Solar CEO, Ross Williams, is dedicated to taking care of HES Solar employees and customers: “Our employees join us and stay with us because they know our mission is something that they can put their heart and soul behind and can wake up every morning happy to go to work. We are a small, collaborative team that works together to deliver high quality, clean energy to San Diego through our innovative solutions.”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
Support the Project Manager to ensure successful completion of all Commercial solar and energy storage projects. Specific activities will vary over time depending on workload, specific project needs, and increasing skill level of Project Coordinator. Examples of typical tasks include:
- Net Energy Metering applications: Create and file applications, follow-up with the local utility, fast track the application when an inspection is complete, follow-up on fast tracked applications
- Prepare project completion documents and distribute them to team members
- Update company project tracking systems with relevant project information
- Verify system performance in monitoring system
- File project documents either in hardcopy or electronically, as necessary
- Create project review packages upon completion of each project
- Prepare applications for Homeowners Associations and follow up, adhere to HOA meeting deadlines
- Prepare and manage SGIP rebates
- Printing plaques, permits, work orders, and preparing folders for inspections
- Calling for inspections and scheduling times on field teams’ calendars
- Assist other job functions as necessary
role and responsibilities
Title: Commercial PV Designer
Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
Reports to: Operations Manager
Vehicle: Personal, a vehicle is required to drive to job sites
Tools: Computer provided by HES Solar
Uniform: Provided by HES Solar, required when in the field
Primary Role and Responsibilities – Commercial Division
- Represent the HES Solar brand and our top tier level of quality and craftsmanship
- Commercial Solar PV Design
- Understand requirements of local authorities having jurisdiction of building codes
- Create code compliant solar and solar+storage submittal plan sets
- Design creation using company supplied design software, Aurora & AutoCAD
- Strong understanding of PV electrical, stringing, electrical gear sizing, single line creation
- Strong understanding of PV layout & design criteria which includes optimal module placement, flush mount systems, dual tilt flat roof ballasted & anchored system, ground mount systems, and carports
- Site visits during design may be needed
- Ability to read all building plans
- Monday-Friday – Remotely or onsite (optional)
- $75,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
HES Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer HES Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HES complies with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Human Resources department.
HES Solar is a drug-free employer in accordance with all applicable State and Federal laws.
All job offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment background check and drug screening.