ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT CLEAN ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY?
This may be the opportunity for you! At HES Solar, our mission is to partner with our customers to fundamentally improve the way the world is powered.
JOIN A TEAM THAT IS REVOLUTIONIZING THE WAY THE WORLD IS POWERED.
HES Solar is a full-service solar and energy storage company based in San Diego. We are a top tier, trusted solar and energy storage provider serving Southern California since 2001. We capitalize on naturally available solar energy through the installation of self-sufficient renewable power sources. This not only saves our customers money, but it protects the planet and our quality of life.
BE PART OF A FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDGEABLE TEAM WITH LEADERSHIP YOU CAN BELIEVE IN.
HES Solar CEO, Ross Williams, is dedicated to taking care of HES Solar employees and customers: “Our employees join us and stay with us because they know our mission is something that they can put their heart and soul behind and can wake up every morning happy to go to work. We are a small, collaborative team that works together to deliver high quality, clean energy to San Diego through our innovative solutions.”
- Title: Commercial Sales Engineer
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
- Reports to: Senior Project Manager
- Vehicle: Personal, a vehicle is required to drive to job sites
- Tools: Computer provided by HES Solar
- Uniform: Provided by HES Solar, required when in the field
role and responsibilities
Represent the HES Solar brand and our top tier level of quality and craftsmanship
Conduct commercial site visits including:
- Rooftop measurements and capture photos
- Gather site electrical system information
- Gather as built information of existing property/site
- Ensure customer expectations of solar system placement and layout
Gather and understand requirements of local authorities having jurisdiction of building codes
Create commercial site layout:
- Sales design support including initial layouts for bid and initial design creation using company supplied design software
- Knowledge of Energy Tool Base, Helioscope, PVBid, Excel (usage data estimation), AutoCAD, and Netsuite (recommended)
- Design and create single lines in AutoCAD
- Submit 30% design requests to commercial partners
Commercial site bids/Sales and Analytics:
- Configure and verify estimations based on designs created
- Identify key pieces of needed equipment
- Run proposal software based on customer usage profile and goals
- Understand and implement appropriate utility energy tariff for each project
- Develop and ensure accurate system production from design and solar production software
- Understand and utilize Salesforce CRM for sales accounts and opportunities
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
HES Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HES Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HES complies with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Human Resources department.
HES Solar is a drug-free employer in accordance with all applicable State and Federal laws.
All job offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment background check and drug screening.