Do you want to help revolutionize the way the world is powered? Do you enjoy working with like-minded people who are passionate about what they do? Would you like to have the opportunity to grow your career with a stable organization?
If your answers are yes, please read on.
As a Residential Project Manager III you will be part of a team that implements residential solar electric and energy storage projects from the time of sale through construction. You will work closely with the Project Coordinator, Designers, and Installers to ensure each client receives an exceptional experience.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and process-driven. We are looking for A-players to join our team. If this describes you, then you will be happy working with us!
PROJECT-LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Utilize HES Solar’s software systems to document all aspects of each project
- Once a project is assigned, Project Manager will conduct a thorough review of project scope and Site Survey findings prior to accepting the project
- Once a project is assigned, the Project Manager is to perform a Welcome Call with the homeowner. Upon completion of Welcome Call a Welcome email will be sent to document what was covered during the call.
- Manage all communication with customers from contract execution through project closeout. Customer communication is to be primarily conducted via phone call. Secondary communication will be conducted via email & text. Whenever project decisions are made via phone a follow-up email will be sent to the customer documenting decisions made, action items required, and impacts on project (scope, schedule, or budget).
- Set expectations with homeowners regarding payment milestones. Set homeowner expectations according to project scope of work.
- Responsible for all stages of the project (Permitting, Installation, Inspection, SPU, Roof work, HOA approval, etc.)
- Efficiently schedule installation calendar maximizing crew availability
- Ensure inspections are passed or manage punch-list items to timely completion
- Accountable for ensuring utility interconnection applications are filed and completed on schedule
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Ability to effectively manage 75-100 active projects concurrently
- When not in the field, expect (8) hour in-office work day Monday – Friday between the hours 7am-5pm. Note that this is an exempt, salaried position and there may be a need for work outside of office hours from time to time as required to ensure the success of projects.
- Provide guidance to Project Coordinator(s) for assistance on future and current projects (permitting, NEM Applications, HOA etc.)
- Meet bi-weekly with Senior Project Manager in a 1:1 setting to review project needs, HES policies & procedures, and guarantee HES Solar is safe & successful
- Meet bi-weekly to review project throughput with Senior Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Accounting, and others as needed
- Collaborate with all Residential team members to identify and implement best practices
- Consult with Warehouse Manager on equipment procurement and equipment packouts (derates, service panels, lifts, misc equipment)
- Ensure customers are making prompt payments and take corrective actions if customers fail to pay, including but not limited to coordinating with sales for support, personally collecting checks, placing projects on hold, informing customers of late fees, and canceling projects
- Review AR Aging report at a minimum weekly.
- Must visit a minimum of two (2) projects per week & report to the Senior Project Manager. There is a goal for 3 or more customer visits per week.
- NABCEP (PV Installation Professional Certification) must be obtained within 6-months of signing agreement. HES Solar will pay for the training course and the certification test per the HES Solar NABCEP Certification Offer and Agreement but training and testing is to be completed outside of normal working hours and cannot interfere with fulfillment of job requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE NEEDED
To be successful in this position you will need to have a strong sense of ownership and accountability. You need to be self-driven, organized, able to manage multiple projects at once, and be able to communicate effectively and professionally with our customers and our teams.
– Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Valid California driver’s license, valid auto insurance, and a clean driving record
- Dependable transportation is mandatory
- Must work well on a team
- Ensure that you and the crews adhere to all NEC, CBC, AHJ, and OSHA codes, rules, and regulations
- Represent the HES brand and the top tier level of quality and craftsmanship we offer our clients
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude
- Communicate professionally and respectfully at all times
- Embrace the core values and culture of HES Solar
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
HES Solar is a local, family owned and operated, full-service solar company that was established in San Diego in 2001. Since our founding, our main focus has been to share the financial and environmental benefits of solar renewable energy with both residential and commercial clients. Our solar experts use top quality products to provide energy systems that are designed for durability and results. We are committed to customer satisfaction and provide top-tier support to all of our customers. We specialize in turn-key implementation of money-saving alternatives to utility power that includes design, installation, and monitoring.
- HES Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- HES Solar is a drug free employer in accordance with all applicable State and Federal laws
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment background check and drug screening
- This is an exempt, salaried position and there may be a need for work outside of office hours from time to time as required to ensure the success of projects