HES Solar is a full-service solar company in San Diego that is a trusted solar installer and the premier energy storage provider in San Diego County. At HES Solar, our mission is to bring clean, reliable energy to residential and commercial properties throughout Southern California by capitalizing on naturally available solar energy through the installation of self-sufficient renewable power sources.
Come shine with the HES Solar team!
HES Solar is currently seeking a motivated and team-oriented Project Engineer to support commercial solar projects throughout the company. This candidate will represent the HES Solar brand and our top tier level of quality and craftsmanship. Candidate should have solar construction/engineering experience with an emphasis on solar PV design.
- Responsible for commercial Solar PV Design.
- Understand requirements of local authorities having jurisdiction of building codes.
- Create code compliant solar and solar+storage submittal plan sets.
- Create designs using company supplied design software: Aurora and AutoCAD.
- Responsible for new construction/general contracting.
- Ensure new construction projects are running smoothly and meeting high quality standards.
- Read and interpret building plans at different stages of completion.
- Participate in building meetings with clients regarding construction progress and coordinate solar needs with relevant trades such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, or structural.
- Site visits during construction progress as needed.
3+ years’ experience in solar/renewable energy industry with an emphasis on solar PV design required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- AutoCAD knowledge and experience required; Aurora preferred.
- Strong understanding of PV electrical, stringing, electrical gear sizing, single line creation.
- Excellent knowledge of PV layout and design criteria which includes optimal module placement, flush mount systems, dual tilt flat roof ballasted and anchored system, ground mount systems, and carports.
- Understanding of new construction process.
- Previous experience working with or for a general contractor as well as coordinating with different trades strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain and communicate internal operations timelines and requirements to architect and general contractor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and work collaboratively with other departments within HES Solar.
- Passion for clean and renewable energy, and a commitment to quality and consistency.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for any of the above positions, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your desired position in the subject line.
- HES Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- HES Solar is a drug free employer in accordance with all applicable State and Federal laws.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment background check and drug screening.
HES Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HES Solar is a drug free employer in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. All job offers are contingent upon successful pre-employment background check and drug screening.